Monday, January 23, 2006

Back to the Blog

It's been quite awhile since I've posted.. I'm going to try to keep up with this a little more often, even when I don't really have much to say. If I don't, though, you'll just have to forgive me.

Today, for example, I don't really have much to say, so I'll just talk about what I'm watching and listening to lately. I got a couple great CDs for Christmas, Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Tommy. They're fantastic, but they got me to thinking about some of the other classic albums that I love but don't have...so this weekend I bought a copy of Rumors by Fleetwood Mac. Listened to it in the car today...still a wonderful album.

I spent quite a bit of money this weekend, actually. We also bought an "Elliptical" (what a silly name!) so we can all exercise in the house, now. Not great fun, but I need all the motivation I can get to exercise, and it's good for all of us.

I also dropped $45 at a friendly little poker game. Whatever happened to Dealer's Choice poker, where you could play all night on $20, and maybe win a little, maybe lose a little? Now, the only poker anyone plays is Texas Hold 'Em tournaments, with designated payouts for the last few left at the table, and everyone else goes home broke. Not nearly as friendly as it used to be! Of course, I might be a little biased, since I've played twice now, and haven't won a dime. I did better, though. The first time, I came in 7th of 8 players, and this time I pulled 6th of 11. Maybe next time I can finish in the money...

Anyway, I guess I'll go do a little walk on the elliptical...I want to be free by 9, so I can relax and enjoy the next hour in Jack Bauer's busy life!

No comments: